Please read the call for applications carefully before submitting your application, particularly the specific issue area requirements for Climate & Energy, Democracy & Social Policy, and Foreign & Security Policy. We will not consider incomplete applications.
A complete application consists of:
- Resume: Please use a standard US format. This means no picture, date of birth, marital or familial status, etc.
- Cover Letter: A one-page document outlining your motivation, qualifications and experience.
- Proposal: Please include the following three sections:
- Story proposals: Please include a short description of the stories you plan to cover (about 200 words each). You do not need to have interviews confirmed, but you should indicate whom you plan to contact. Please also specify the language of publication, medium, audience, and plans for publication.
- Travel Itinerary: Please outline your dates of travel, destinations, and possible interviews in each location. Travel should be for a minimum of 5 days and must be completed by July 31, 2018.
- Social Media Engagement: Briefly explain how you plan to engage with the Heinrich Böll Foundation in the course of your fellowship.
- Work samples: Please submit two work samples. If your previous work is not in English, German, Spanish, or French, please provide a brief summary of each of your work samples.
The application deadline is midnight EST on March 15, 2018. We strongly encourage early applications.
For questions and inquiries, please contact Alexander Nasserjah at Alexander.Nasserjah@us.boell.org