Climate & Energy Fellowship
About the Climate & Energy Fellowship:
Europe and the United States have embarked on ambitious transitions toward a low carbon economy where great emphasis is placed on the role of increased energy efficiency and renewable energy in securing economic opportunities for business and industry. The goal of the Transatlantic Climate & Energy Media Fellowship is to familiarize energy and climate journalists and bloggers from Germany with US experiences and policy solutions. Ideally, these shall be communicated into the German energy and/or climate policy debate on a regional or national level.
What we offer:
- Travel and accommodation costs for five days of research in the United States. Fellows may choose their dates of travel anytime between June 15 and November 15, 2016.
- an honorarium of EUR 1,000.
- Assistance in reaching out to potential interview partners.
Who can apply:
We seek journalists/bloggers working in any medium who offer new perspectives on transatlantic policy debates and who may not otherwise have the opportunity to conduct transatlantic research.
Eligible journalists/bloggers should:
- be based in Germany and seek to contribute to transatlantic policy debates by reporting about U.S. practices and experiences in their area of research.
- We strongly encourage journalists from diverse backgrounds.
A minimum of three stories: each fellow is expected to publish at least three stories, in any medium, within two months of completing travel. Fellows will retain full editorial control over the reporting. The Heinrich-Böll-Stiftung North America will feature the final pieces on its website following their publication.
Active social media engagement: while traveling and developing their stories, fellows are encouraged to actively engage with the Heinrich-Böll-Stiftung North America via social media.
A complete application for summer/fall 2016 starting dates (in German) consists of:
2. Cover Letter
3. Proposal: Please include the following three sections:
- Story proposals: please include a short description of each story you plan to cover (about 150 words each). You are free to choose the topic of your reporting. Please also specify the medium of publication (radio, print, etc.), audience, etc.
- Travel Itinerary: please outline your preferred dates of travel, destinations, and possible interviews in each location. Social Media Engagement: briefly explain how you plan to engage with HBS North America in the course of your fellowship.
4. Work samples
- Please submit recent two work samples.
We are no longer accepting applications for the Spring & Fall 2016 fellowships. Please check back for more information about future application deadlines.